Totally Vets offers a comprehensive on-farm and in-clinic veterinary service. Our branches in Feilding, Palmerston North and Taumarunui complement this service with carefully chosen animal health products and merchandise with up-to-date advice on their use.
Totally Vets Group is a group of dynamic veterinary practices, providing services and products in the Manawatu, Tararua and Taumarunui areas for companion animals, equine, and production animals.
For all positions listed below please contact by email or post:
Human Resources Administrator
Totally Vets Group
25 Manchester Street
VETERINARY NURSE - TAUMARUNUI
An opportunity has arisen for a qualified Vet Nurse to join our friendly Companion Animal team at our busy Taumarunui clinic. We are looking for a driven vet nurse in a full time, permanent position in our well-equipped mixed practice clinic.
Located in the Ruapehu district, with the Whakapapa ski field, Timber trail and Wanganui river right on our back door step, there is plenty of scope for outdoor adventure. Taumarunui is a provincial town where the cost of living is still reasonable and is a growing community with very friendly locals and lots to offer.
The successful applicant will be working in a team with 2 other vet nurses, 4 veterinarians and 4 reception staff. Our clinic has a new digital x-ray, multi parameter anesthetic monitoring and a well-equipped laboratory including in-house biochemistry. We have a newly renovated kennel room and separate isolation facilities.
What we offer:
- Friendly and supportive working environment
- Competitive wage
- Generous CPD allowance
- NZVNA registration
We are looking for a person who has the following qualities:
- Diploma or certificate in vet nursing
- Experience preferred but not required.
- Strong computer skills
- Passion for animal health and wellbeing.
- Ability to work in New Zealand
- Team player with great communication and a good sense of humour!
- An enthusiastic level of customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to show empathy and respond to customer and patient needs
- Your team skills will be excellent, and your ability to relate well to both customers and colleagues.
- You must be able to adapt to a constantly changing environment whilst maintaining a friendly and enjoyable working atmosphere
This is a full time position which includes participation in the after-hours roster.
Please apply by email or post, including your current CV, by Monday 22nd July 2019, to:
A copy of the position description is available on request.