Totally Vets Group is a group of dynamic veterinary practices, providing services and products in the Manawatu, Tararua and Taumarunui areas for companion animals, equine, and production animals.
For all positions listed below please contact:
Human Resources Manager
Totally Vets Group
25 Manchester Street
UCOL Vet Nurse Tutor
We have a vacancy for a one-year fixed term maternity cover UCOL Vet Nurse Tutor to join our team within our Companion Animal Hospital based at our Feilding clinic. We have an up to date facility fully equipped with diagnostic technology to assist us with providing the best treatment options for our clients.
- Instruction and training of Diploma of Vet Nursing students during their surgical rotation within the set curriculum while working alongside our resident UCOL supervisor
- Providing excellent standards of care for our patients and clients
- Assisting with consultations
- General nursing and clinic administration tasks
- Utilising technology and supporting equipment management
- Assisting with surgical procedures
- Monitoring the care of patients
We are looking for a person who has the following qualities:
- A passion for Vet Nursing and teaching
- An enthusiastic level of customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to show empathy and respond to student, customer and patient needs
- A Diploma Level 6 qualified Vet Nurse with a minimum of 3 years clinical experience
- Excellent team player with the ability to relate well to students, customers and colleagues.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment whilst maintaining a friendly and enjoyable working atmosphere
This is a full-time position which includes participation in a 1:8 weekend roster.
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time dedicated equine veterinarian based out of our Awapuni clinic in Palmerston North, which services the Manawatu area. This equine role includes:
- Racing/stable and sport horse work
- Thoroughbred breeding and sport horse artificial insemination (chilled and frozen)
- Official duty veterinarian at Thoroughbred and Harness Race Meetings
We are looking for a dynamic Veterinarian with the following key attributes:
- An equine clinician with experience with performance horses and reproduction
- Commitment to client service with a professional attitude
- Passionate about equine clients and the equine industry
- Confidence to work independently in a busy practice
- Good time management and proven organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships
- Commitment to participate in the after-hours roster and attend race duty
In return we can offer you:
- Training and support through the Totally Vets Group and opportunities for developing your skills in a range of areas
- A friendly, professional and family oriented practice
- Support to learn and develop your own ideas
- Great community spirit with plenty of local activities
- A competitive remuneration package based on ability and experience
Our Palmerston North clinic is made up of both equine and production animal veterinarians supported by a skilled business support team. We have a modern clinic with excellent facilities including a crush, yards and paddocks. Our diagnostic tools include endoscopy, ultrasonography and digital x-ray.
After-hours duties are on a shared roster. A job description is available on request.