Totally Vets Group is a group of dynamic veterinary practices, providing services and products in the Manawatu, Tararua and Taumarunui areas for companion animals, equine, and production animals.
For all positions listed below please contact:
Human Resources Manager
Totally Vets Group
25 Manchester Street
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time dedicated equine veterinarian based out of our Awapuni clinic in Palmerston North, which services the Manawatu area. This equine role includes:
- Racing/stable and sport horse work
- Thoroughbred breeding and sport horse artificial insemination (chilled and frozen)
- Official duty veterinarian at Thoroughbred and Harness Race Meetings
We are looking for a dynamic Veterinarian with the following key attributes:
- An equine clinician with experience with performance horses and reproduction
- Commitment to client service with a professional attitude
- Passionate about equine clients and the equine industry
- Confidence to work independently in a busy practice
- Good time management and proven organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships
- Commitment to participate in the after-hours roster and attend race duty
In return we can offer you:
- Training and support through the Totally Vets Group and opportunities for developing your skills in a range of areas
- A friendly, professional and family oriented practice
- Support to learn and develop your own ideas
- Great community spirit with plenty of local activities
- A competitive remuneration package based on ability and experience
Our Palmerston North clinic is made up of both equine and production animal veterinarians supported by a skilled business support team. We have a modern clinic with excellent facilities including a crush, yards and paddocks. Our diagnostic tools include endoscopy, ultrasonography and digital x-ray.
After-hours duties are on a shared roster. A job description is available on request.
Consulting Vet Nurse
We have an exciting new vacancy for an experienced Vet Nurse to join our busy Companion Animal Team Hospital based at our Feilding clinic. We have an up to date facility fully equipped with diagnostic technology to assist us with providing the best treatment options for our clients.
The role will be predominantly to promote and run a Veterinary Nurse Consultation service within the Feilding clinic. The role will encompass general Vet Nursing duties when required.
- Implementing, promoting and run a vet nurse consultation service which will include:
- Educating owners about nutrition including weight management programs
- Post-op checks, including dressing/bandage changes, drain and suture removal
- Assisting with preventative health schemes (dental checks, senior exams etc.)
- Puppy and kitten client education
- Discussing pet's diagnosis and case management with clients
- Managing recall systems
- Behavioral advice
- Blood sampling, blood pressure checks and urine testing
- Assisting in general nursing shifts when required
- Providing training to the Veterinary Nursing team about the consulting nurse model
- Taking on case work within your nursing capabilities to reduce workload on the Veterinarians to enable them to best utilize their surgical and consulting time.
We are looking for a person who has the following qualities:
- Passionate about preventative health care and nutrition
- Ability to build close relationships with clients and their pets and respond to their needs
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Your team skills will be excellent, and your ability to relate well to both customers and colleagues. You will be able to work proactively with the team to bring a positive progressive attitude to the future of the veterinary practice
- You must be able to adapt to a constantly changing environment whilst maintaining a friendly and enjoyable working atmosphere
This is a full time position which includes participation in the weekend roster shared with seven other Vet Nurses.Please apply by email or post to Debbi Ritchie by Wednesday the 31st of January 2018, including your current CV.